From 2 to 4 December 2020, Independent Development Evaluation (IDEV) at the African Development Bank will host the AfDB Development Evaluation Week 2020 under the theme: From Learning to Transformational Change in Africa: Accelerating Africa’s delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals in the Decade of Action. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will take place virtually, as a series of webinars using Zoom.
What will be discussed?
- What will it take to quickly and effectively learn from evaluation during and after the COVID-19 crisis?
- Of what value is an evidence and learning culture for sustainable development in Africa?
- Why and how should African countries use data and information from evaluation to enhance achievement of the sustainable development outcomes?
- What does effective learning entail?
- Lessons from evaluations that led to action, evaluations that made a difference.
- Prospects for pooling learning from evaluations carried out in Africa to inform decision-making and programming for the delivery of SDGs.
For more information and to register to the sessions please visit: https://idev.afdb.org/en/evalweek2020