- Evaluation in times of Covid-19
Making voices count - Gathering community feedback in times of remote evaluation
Siembra y cosecha: Manual de evaluación participativaEste manual de evaluación participativa fue desarrollado como expresión desde el campo de la evaluación que, frente a los límites de la autosuficiencia y la fragilidad, sólo podemos inmunizarnos al rescatar la pluralidad de voces y perspectivas de las personas participantes. Explora la realidad y...
- Lack of external coherence in agriculture projects can cause antagonism among interventions or implementation strategies and annihilate the results and progress achieved. This often leads to strategic behaviour (bias) on the part of beneficiaries.
Lessons from the evaluation of IFAD’s support to innovations for inclusive and sustainable smallholder agricultureInnovations are key to improve the effectiveness of agri-food systems and better meet the rising demand for food worldwide. In particular, they are essential to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 2 targets.
Evaluating business innovations in agriculture-based social enterprisesInnovation is not about technology alone. Innovation is about the process of using ideas (novel or otherwise) in new ways and combinations, for economic, social and/or environmental gain.
Value chain approaches: reaching the very poorA value chain is the full range of activities – including design, production and distribution – required to bring a product or service from conception to its final market destination.
- Synthèse de l’évaluation
Community-driven development in IFAD-supported projectsThe Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) has prepared an evaluation synthesis report on Community-Driven Development (CDD), based on an in-depth review of a representative sample of IFAD projects carried out since 1978. CDD has played a pivotal role in IFAD’s operations for over 30 years...
Struggling to prove the obvious – How can evaluations show that community-driven development works?Community-driven development (CDD) emphasizes community control over planning decisions and investment resources, operating on principles of transparency, participation, accountability and enhanced local capacity.
- From the EvalForward community
Young People in Agriculture – What lessons can we draw from evaluations?Youth are becoming increasingly disconnected from the agriculture sector, despite the evidence that there have been some efforts over the years to boost the engagement of young people in agriculture.
- Women constitute the majority of the agricultural labour force in small-scale and subsistence farming. What are the lessons learnt from agriculture programs with regards to the activities of the women in the agricultural sector?
- Evaluation conferenceOuagadougou, Burkina Faso
Table ronde: L'institutionnalisation de l'evaluation dans le secteur agricole
Meta-evidence review on impacts of investments in agricultural and rural development on Sustainable Development Goals 1&2Agriculture and rural development research will play a critical role in meeting the ambitious targets under SDGs 1 and 2. In recent years there has been heightened emphasis on both the rigorous evaluation of development interventions and systematic reviews and meta-analyses based on such evaluations...
- Please share your views and examples on improving smallholder projects with evaluation.
- From the EvalForward community
How can we improve the quality of development projects?In rural and agricultural development, projects are the main instrument for piloting and/or implementing policies and programmes.
- What is your list of "good practices" that can help improve development projects quality and effectiveness?
- How is evaluation helping address mistakes and failures of policies and major programmes?
- Document d’orientation
FAO Framework on Rural Extreme PovertyThe Extreme Rural Poverty Framework, launched on 18 June 2019, provides guidance for FAO’s contribution to addressing extreme poverty reduction. Striving to build consensus on FAO’s role in supporting countries to reach SDG 1, in particular Target 1.1, on eliminating extreme poverty, and SDG 2 on...
E-learning course - Understanding Rural PovertyThis course is the first in the Rural Poverty Reduction series, and provides an overview of rural poverty, and why it is so important to overcome it in rural contexts. The course describes the key concepts and definitions of rural poverty and how it can be measured, its drivers and cross-cutting...
Join the webinar: Inclusive financial services for the rural poor
- WebinarIFAD HQ
Knowledge-sharing seminar on conducting Impact Evaluations of Agricultural, Food and Nutrition Security Programmes
Dissemination of decentralized evaluation results through an innovative and participatory approach: drawingsWhen communicating with rural communities with their own dialect, WFP Colombia gets creative, with pens, paint and paper.
We need evaluation to support agricultural transformation in AfricaDaudi Sumba, head of Monitoring and Evaluation at the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), shares his views on how evaluation can support Africa's agricultural transformation.
- TrainingIstambul, Turkey
PRiME Impact Evaluation Course
- Have you ever been involved in the evaluation of social protection programs? What is the approach to assessing such programs? What are the key elements that any expert would be looking for in social protection activities/programs?
- From the EvalForward community
What are your evaluation challenges?The latest discussion in the EvalForward CoP covered challenges that evaluations encounter in the agriculture, rural development and food security sectors and beyond. Here is a summary of the issues emerging and ways forward suggested.
- WorkshopRome, Italy and on webcast
Learning event on the Annual Report on Results and Impact of IFAD Operations 2018
Improving Agriculture and Food Security through EvaluationCall now open for the 9th AfrEA International Conference.
- Evaluation conferenceAbidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
9th AfrEA Conference
EvalForward moving ahead at EvalColombo2018EvalForward first public launch took place at EvalColombo 2018. What are the expectations of the broader evaluation community?
- I would be interested in examples from your evaluation experience of projects that have been successful in improving food security, and in particular food access, in extremely poor communities: could you please share them?