More about me
An Impact Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist with a track record in both research and development, and a passion for ensuring that scarce development dollars produce the most significant positive impact for beneficiaries.
Extensive experience in team leadership and the design, implementation, and management of M&E systems for CGIAR research programs and large international NGOs, working in both stable development and politically complex emergencies.
I am currently an independent consultant and CEO of Impact Works Inc., a registered Canadian monitoring and evaluation company.
• Expert in evaluation and impact methodologies for complex, research-focused programs; excellent knowledge of Complexity-Aware Monitoring, Theory-Based Evaluation Designs and Theory of Change approaches;
• Advanced technical skillset in ex-post impact evaluation, employing a broad spectrum of methodologies, in-cluding qualitative, quantitative and participatory analysis and research;
• Substantive roles in systems and capacity-strengthening with demonstrable success in raising overall data quality;
• 15 years of experience in development issues in Africa and Asia at a senior management level; background as an Assistant Professor of Political Science at three Canadian Universities and with the Canadian Department of National Defence;
• Proven record of effective results-based management of large numbers of staff across multiple offices, leading high-level research within multi-disciplinary teams;
• Substantive knowledge of rural development and livelihoods, food and nutritional security, technology diffusion, gender and scaling readiness.
• Highly experienced in grant proposal writing, fundraising and working with donors and other partners, and in developing effective partnerships with Government, NGOs, the Academy and Private Sector;
• Congenial disposition with the ability to foster strong professional relationships and collaborations, and to make mature and sound decisions under challenging conditions.