With the Covid pandemic, more of the evaluation load has shifted to local specialists. What is the experience and what are the success stories from this change?
- What is your experience with their use? What are the main added value of these theories, from your own perspective? Have theories-of-change in your view made a difference in the programmes and projects that you have evaluated, especially when compared to other planning tools like log-frames and
- Women constitute the majority of the agricultural labour force in small-scale and subsistence farming. What are the lessons learnt from agriculture programs with regards to the activities of the women in the agricultural sector?
- For agriculture to grow and innovate we need young people to engage. However, the average age of agriculture workers is increasing. What can evaluation tell us on the rising age in agriculture work and on how to address this issue?
- Evaluation synthesis and meta-analysis can help decision-makers to get a better understanding of the effectiveness of a program or policy. What is your experience in conducting or using synthesis and meta-analysis to facilitate the uptake of knowledge?
- The agriculture sector is often underfunded and this limits service delivery and monitoring and evaluation, especially at local level. Please share your views and any suggestion you may have.
- Please share your views and examples on improving smallholder projects with evaluation.
- What is your list of "good practices" that can help improve development projects quality and effectiveness?
- How is evaluation helping address mistakes and failures of policies and major programmes?
- How can we monitor and evaluate efficiently progress towards the SDG2 – Ending Hunger if we cannot count on reliable data and consequent statistics and indicators? Do you think there are also weakness and challenges in data collection in your country?
- We are looking for practical examples of evaluations that helped developing capacities of evaluands and other actors, including beneficiaries. If you carried out participatory evaluations, did those lead to any clear development of capacities (even soft skills?) And did you evaluate the capacity
Is this really an output? Addressing terminology differences between evaluators and project managersDid you experience challenges due to differences in the use of terminology between people who planned the project and evaluators when doing evaluations? And if you did, how did you handle them?