MEL – Monitoring Evaluation and Learning or MEAL - Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning systems rarely include cross cutting issues such as gender and leave-no-one behind principles. How can we develop effective and inclusive systems and what are the constraints in doing so?
- Is evaluation present in your country, and in the agriculture sector specifically? Please share your experience and suggestions on how to move evaluation systems forward.
- How can we make rapid evaluations of the impact of COVID on communities in order to be able to be proactive and/or react in a timely manner?
How to use Knowledge Management to strengthen the impact of Evaluation on smallholder agriculture development?Knowledge Management and Communication are both critical to Evaluation, especially for communicating the results of evaluations, including the promotion of lesson learning to inform decision making and planning. What is your experience in applying knowledge management in M&E and evaluation work?
- Despite the significant challenges faced by persons with disabilities living in rural areas, there is comparatively less experience in addressing disability inclusion through evaluations related to agriculture, rural development and food security.
How can evaluation help improve data quality and policies on food security during Covid-19 pandemic?Data on food production, prices, trade, market access, nutrition and data on population without access/constrained access to food items are all affected by the current pandemic
- Evaluators may find themselves having to adapt their approach to the new reality of the COVID pandemic in the short- and medium-term. Please share your experience and suggestions on how to adapt evalaution approaches.
- Are evaluation and monitoring mutually exclusive practices, or are they complementary and both necessary for assessing and correcting the performance of a development action?
- What are your experiences and lessons in getting the farmers involved in all stages of Monitoring and Evaluation of agricultural interventions? What are some innovative Participatory Monitoring&Evaluation approaches for agricultural projects and how effective they are?
- What is your experience with their use? What are the main added value of these theories, from your own perspective? Have theories-of-change in your view made a difference in the programmes and projects that you have evaluated, especially when compared to other planning tools like log-frames and
- Women constitute the majority of the agricultural labour force in small-scale and subsistence farming. What are the lessons learnt from agriculture programs with regards to the activities of the women in the agricultural sector?