This discussion invites you to share methods, approaches, tools, and techniques that can be used to develop and present findings in ways that are useful for the intended users of the evaluation, and support them to make use of them.
- Are evaluation and monitoring mutually exclusive practices, or are they complementary and both necessary for assessing and correcting the performance of a development action?
- What are your experiences and lessons in getting the farmers involved in all stages of Monitoring and Evaluation of agricultural interventions? What are some innovative Participatory Monitoring&Evaluation approaches for agricultural projects and how effective they are?
- What is your experience with their use? What are the main added value of these theories, from your own perspective? Have theories-of-change in your view made a difference in the programmes and projects that you have evaluated, especially when compared to other planning tools like log-frames and
- Women constitute the majority of the agricultural labour force in small-scale and subsistence farming. What are the lessons learnt from agriculture programs with regards to the activities of the women in the agricultural sector?
- For agriculture to grow and innovate we need young people to engage. However, the average age of agriculture workers is increasing. What can evaluation tell us on the rising age in agriculture work and on how to address this issue?
- Evaluation synthesis and meta-analysis can help decision-makers to get a better understanding of the effectiveness of a program or policy. What is your experience in conducting or using synthesis and meta-analysis to facilitate the uptake of knowledge?
- The agriculture sector is often underfunded and this limits service delivery and monitoring and evaluation, especially at local level. Please share your views and any suggestion you may have.
- Please share your views and examples on improving smallholder projects with evaluation.
- What is your list of "good practices" that can help improve development projects quality and effectiveness?
- How is evaluation helping address mistakes and failures of policies and major programmes?
- How can we monitor and evaluate efficiently progress towards the SDG2 – Ending Hunger if we cannot count on reliable data and consequent statistics and indicators? Do you think there are also weakness and challenges in data collection in your country?