Building forward better on food security: using evidence for a post-Covid19 world without hunger
This gLOCAL event will engage policy makers, programme managers, technical and financial partners in discussing what and how we can learn from evaluative evidence in order to design informed and context specific programmes. Drawing from the recently published Evidence summary on COVID-19 and Food Security, findings, key good practices and lessons learned from evaluations of interventions to protect food security in times of crises will be discussed.
The event will also contribute to the UN Food Systems Summit 2021.
The event will take place on 1st June 2021 3:00pm-4:30pm CEST / 1:00pm GMT
- Opening remarks – Ms Andrea Cook, Director, Office of Evaluation, WFP
- The Evidence Summary on COVID-19 and Food Security – Mr Patrick Breard, international consultant, Breard & Associates.
- Panel discussion moderated by Mr Carlos Tarazona, Senior Evaluation Officer, FAO:
- Ms Sarah Laughton, Chief of Social Protection, WFP
- Mr Patrick Jacqueson, Programme and Results Team Leader, Office of Emergencies and Resilience, FAO
- Ms Joan Carling, indigenous human rights activist and environmentalist, Philippines