I work to use the most rigorous possible methods to answer decision-relevant questions through a collaborative approach. I have extensive experience in food security and nutrition programming. I work in evaluation and learning, including impact evaluations, systematic reviews, and strategy analysis.
June 2023 – Present: Food Security Evidence Brokerage
- Started a small independent consulting outlet where I provide bespoke, practical MEL technical assistance for research related to food security.
- Develops the best possible evidence solutions within real-world contexts and constraints, including portfolio reviews, strategy analysis, evidence synthesis and translation, impact evaluation, data analysis, meta-analysis.
October 2019 – June 2023: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation(3ie), Washington D.C. Office
Leader of Nutrition Portfolio: November 2022 – June 2023
Senior Evaluation Specialist: July 2021 – June 2023
Evaluation Specialist: October 2019 - July 2021
- Provided technical and management leadership for impact evaluations, synthesis, and evidence translation projects with 15+ global staff.
- Managed contracts from GIZ, Norad, Gates, and Nutrition International. Managed workstreams in projects funded by USAID- RFS, USAID-DRG, FCDO, and MCC. Supported the adoption of evidence-informed policies within these organizations.
- Developed, managed, and oversaw 3ie’s portfolio on food security. Provided strategic development and thought leadership.
January 2017 - January 2020: RTI International, Gillings Global Gateway, MEASURE Evaluation
- Conducted primary analysis to evaluate the USAID PEPFAR’s Partnership for HIV Free Survival.
- Supported data collection procedures for the Partnership for HIV Free Survival.
- Evaluated the relationship between diet and growth in HIV-exposed and -uninfected infants.
- Conducted a systematic review of the evidence base for interventions to improve health care in conditions of extreme adversity. This served as an input for the WHO Quality of Care in Fragile, Conflict-Affected, and Vulnerable Settings handbook.
October 2013 - March 2016: Peace Corps, Burkina Faso
Food Security Specialist: December 2015 – March 2016
Community Health Agent: October 2013 – December 2015
- Provided technical assistance for nutrition training events.
- Facilitated behavior change discussions and lectures about nutrition and health topics.
- Training and Resource Manager of the Food Security Task Force.
- Reviewed USAID-funded small grants for Feed the Future funding.