Free e-learning course of 3 hours developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in partnership with the World Food Programme (WFP), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and Bioversity International.
The course includes:
- The relationship between diets, food environments and food systems
- Nutritional perspective within sustainability components (economic, social and environmental)
- The importance of supporting sustainable food value chains for nutrition
- Identifying food supply and demand constraints in value chains
- The strengths and limitations of using a sustainable food value chains for nutrition approach
To access the course:
1. Go to the e-learning center: elearning.fao.org, and select the category “Nutrition and food systems”
2. Register and log-in with your user name and password.