- Evaluating the quality of science, technology and innovation requires appropriate criteria and methodologies: what do you think are the challenges, the methods and indicators that could work?
- What is your experience and opinion on the use of evidence from monitoring and from evaluation by decision-makers?
- You are invited to share your view on the importance of neutrality, impartiality and independence of the evaluator.
- You are invited to share experiences and ideas on how to integrate environmental and social considerations in evaluation and what are the challenges in doing so.
- This discussion invites you to share methods, approaches, tools, and techniques that can be used to develop and present findings in ways that are useful for the intended users of the evaluation, and support them to make use of them.
- This discussion invites to share experiences and good practices in reducing the burden of M&E activities on farmers on the one hand and on ways to ensure that results are useful and meaningful.
- With the Covid pandemic, more of the evaluation load has shifted to local specialists. What is the experience and what are the success stories from this change?
Can we use an evidence-based, evolving Theory of Change to achieve "local learning” during project design?Theories of Change may articulate step-by-step action plans and measurable indicators of success, but those plans are based on assumptions, rather than evidence about what is locally doable and worth doing.
- Lack of external coherence in agriculture projects can cause antagonism among interventions or implementation strategies and annihilate the results and progress achieved. This often leads to strategic behaviour (bias) on the part of beneficiaries.
- Is evaluation present in your country, and in the agriculture sector specifically? Please share your experience and suggestions on how to move evaluation systems forward.
- How can we make rapid evaluations of the impact of COVID on communities in order to be able to be proactive and/or react in a timely manner?
How to use Knowledge Management to strengthen the impact of Evaluation on smallholder agriculture development?Knowledge Management and Communication are both critical to Evaluation, especially for communicating the results of evaluations, including the promotion of lesson learning to inform decision making and planning. What is your experience in applying knowledge management in M&E and evaluation work?